Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A. Any person who has been judicially determined to be an incapacitated or partially incapacitated person, the guardian or limited guardian, any relative of the ward or any friend of the ward may apply by petition to the District Court of the county in which such person was declared incapacitated or partially incapacitated, to have the fact of the ward’s restoration to capacity judicially determined. The petition shall be verified, and shall state that such person is no longer incapacitated or partially incapacitated.

B. Upon receiving the petition, the Court shall appoint a day for the hearing. Such hearing shall be set within thirty (30) days after the date of the filing of the petition. The Court shall cause notice to be served on the subject person and to the attorney of the subject of the proceeding, if any, and if known to the petitioner. At the hearing, the guardian or relative of the petitioner, and in the discretion of the Court, any other person, may contest the right of the petitioner to the relief demanded. Witnesses may be required to appear and testify, as in all other civil matters, and may be called and examined by the judge on his own motion. If it is found that the petitioner is no longer incapacitated or partially incapacitated and capable of taking care of himself or his property, or both, his restoration to capacity shall be adjudged, and the guardianship of such person shall cease. ONCA 13-34, eff. Apr. 19, 2013.