§ 5-102. Recording.
A. The Osage Nation Recording Clerk shall maintain in the Osage real estate program a system for the recording of mortgages and such other documents as the Nation may designate by laws or resolution.
B. The Osage Recording Clerk shall endorse upon any mortgage or other document received for recording:
1. The date and time of receipt of the mortgage or other documents;
2. The filing number to be assigned by the Recording Clerk, which shall be a unique number for each mortgage or other document received; and
3. The name of the Recording Clerk or designee receiving the mortgage or document.
Upon completion of the above-cited endorsements, the Clerk shall make a true and correct copy of the mortgage or other documents and shall certify the copy as follows:
Osage Nation Reservation
I certify that this is a true and correct copy of a document received for recording this date.
Given with my hand and seal this ________ day of __________,
The Recording Clerk shall maintain the copy in the records of the recording system, and shall return the original of the mortgage or other document to the person or entity that presented the same for recording.
C. The Recording Clerk shall also maintain a log of each mortgage or other document recorded in which there shall be entered:
1. The name(s) of the borrower/mortgagor of each mortgage, identified as such;
2. The name(s) of the lender/mortgagee of each mortgage, identified as such;
3. The name(s) of the grantor(s), grantee(s), or other designation of each party named in any other documents filed or recorded;
4. The date and time of the receipt;
5. The filing number assigned by the Recording Clerk; and
6. The name of the Recording Clerk or designee receiving the mortgage or document.
D. The certified copies of the mortgages and other documents and the log maintained by the Osage Nation Recording Clerk shall be made available for public inspection and copying. Rules for copying shall be established and disseminated by the Recording Clerk. ONCA 11-41, eff. Apr. 12, 2011.